November is officially here, which means winter is just around the corner. Before we are bombarded with the holidays, it is important to set aside some of your time to get your vehicle ready for winter. If you are unsure about whether or not your vehicle needs to be winterized, we are here to break it down.
If you don’t winterize your vehicle, you can expect the winter to be much harsher for you and your car, even for us Californians. Here is what winterizing entails:
- An oil change seems to be the quintessential auto service but you would be surprised to see how many people forget. During the colder months, it is important for your oil to be cleaned with the right viscosity. When the temperatures drop, oil will thicken, and if your oil becomes too thick, it won’t be able to do its job -- lubricate your engine.
- Imagine you are driving in the heavy rain, and your windshield wipers aren’t working. We can’t help but imagine the panic. At The Auto Experts, we are here to prevent situations like these from happening. We will thoroughly examine your windshield wipers and replace, if needed.
- Cold weather has many negative effects on your battery, and there is nothing more frustrating than getting to your car in the morning and finding it not starting.
- Whenever the temperature drops ten degrees, the pressure in your tires lose one pound per inch. If your tires will not have enough traction, if not properly inflated.
- It is important to have the right mixture of antifreeze and coolant. You don’t want any liquid in your vehicle freezing -- when this liquid expands, it can rupture numerous hoses. We can make sure your antifreeze/coolant levels are optimal.
The team at The Auto Experts can make sure your vehicle is ready for winter. We hope we answered the question of to winterize or not winterize. Schedule an appointment with The Auto Experts today. Proudly serving downtown Sacramento, Midtown, and East Sacramento, you can find us at 505 30th Street. See you soon!