Many Californians are surprised to learn that Sacramento is the state capital of California, especially as we have the glamorous Los Angeles and coastal San Francisco Bay Area. However, Sacramento possesses its unique beauty. This Valentine’s Day, why not spend it exploring Sacramento’s surrounding wetlands, foothills, and mountains?
Valentine’s Day might look a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use this opportunity to show your loved one just how much you care. Here are five of the most romantic drives in and around Sacramento:
- Clear Lake: This drive is approximately 200 miles, but it depends on the route you take from Sacramento. For breathtaking beauty, we recommend taking interstate 5 north to Woodland and then hopping on State Route 16 through Esparto and Capay. Eventually, the route will connect you to State Route 20, which will have several different Clear Lake destinations.
- Gold Country: Gold Country is one of California’s most important periods in history. This 120-mile loop is a day-long adventure that winds through the California Gold Rush through 1848-55. You can start by heading east on Interstate 80 to Auburn. Next, you can drive along State Route 49 to Coloma. There are several stops along the way too -- you can picnic at any of the parks.
- Lake Berryessa: If Clear Lake is too far away, this 66-mile trip to Lake Berryessa might be the better option for you and your sweetheart. We recommend starting west on Interstate 80, traveling north on State Route 113 at Davis. You can take State Route 128 west through Winters and then finally to Berryessa’s majestic beauty.
- South Lake Tahoe: For the most direct route, head east on U.S. Highway 50. It a little over 100 miles from Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe. No matter what you do or where you end up in South Lake Tahoe, make sure to snap a selfie of you and your sweetheart against the winter wonderland backdrop of the Tahoe mountains.
- Twain Harte: This diamond in the rough is named after American West writers Bret Harte and Mark Twain. We encourage you to start on State Route 16, heading east out of Sacramento, and then connect on State Route 49 to Jamestown.
Before you head out on your romantic drive, bring your vehicle to our team for an inspection. We want you to enjoy this time with your loved one this Valentine’s Day. Schedule an appointment with The Auto Experts today and make sure to use one of our specials. Proudly serving downtown Sacramento, Midtown, and East Sacramento, you can find us at 505 30th Street. See you soon!