Just like how we need fluids to stay hydrated, your vehicle does too. When your vehicle is low on fluids, your vehicle's overall performance and driveability will be negatively affected. Our team recommends sticking to a preventative maintenance schedule. This way, we can stay on top of your vehicle's fluid levels together.
The team at The Auto Experts is here to remind of which fluids are essential and why:
- Oil: Your vehicle is made up of various moving parts, and to make sure all these components stay lubricated, your vehicle needs oil. Your vehicle's oil absorbs heat and prevents your engine from overheating. If your vehicle doesn't have enough oil, it might result in potentially expensive and dangerous repairs.
- Transmission Fluid: Your transmission is one of your engine's most complex components, and transmission fluid is vital for your transmission's overall health. Just like how oil works, transmission fluid keeps your transmission lubricated.
- Radiator Fluid: Radiator fluid contains coolant, which, as the name suggests, keeps your engine cool. Depending on your vehicle's make, along with the time of year and temperature, your radiator fluid will be tailored to your vehicle.
- Power Steering Fluid: If your power steering fluid is low, you might not be able to steer straight down the road. For your safety and other drivers' safety on the road, power steering fluid is a must.
- Brake Fluid: Your vehicle's braking system is crucial for your safety, as without properly working brakes, you might find yourself in an unsafe situation. This brake fluid deals with both high pressure and temperature, and without this brake fluid, you might not be able to stop when you need to.
Because winter took such a toll on your vehicle, spring is the perfect to get your fluids examined. Schedule an appointment with The Auto Experts today and make sure to use one of our specials. Proudly serving downtown Sacramento, Midtown, and East Sacramento, you can find us at 505 30th Street. See you soon!