It is sobering to think about, but vehicle crashes are the leading cause of teen deaths. However, on the bright side, there are several tips and tricks to follow to ensure your teen reaches their destination safely. The team at the Auto Experts has put together a list of top driving safety tips of teenagers:
- If your car is equipped with safety features, make sure to use them. Nowadays, the technology in cars is designed to prevent against drivers. For example, some systems can alert you when you drive into the other lane, get to close to another vehicle, or your hands are away from the steering wheel.
- Wear a seatbelt! Studies show that more than half of teen accidents include drivers not wearing seatbelts. It may be a no brainer, but you would be surprised to learn how many of us skip this step.
- Out of sight, out of mind! Put that phone away to eliminate all distractions.
- The chance of a teen accident occurring increases if there are other passengers in the car. It can be tempting to carpool, but better safe than sorry.
- Tailgating is also a leading cause of car accidents among teen drivers. Inexperienced drivers are less likely to be able to react quickly to sudden changes on the road, which is why it is important to keep a healthy distance away from the car in front of you.
- To ensure the safety and driveability of your car, routine maintenance is a must. A car that is properly maintained is less likely to experience sudden and potentially dangerous auto repair.
A properly maintained vehicle equals a safe vehicle for both beginning and more advanced drivers. Schedule an appointment with The Auto Experts today. Proudly serving downtown Sacramento, Midtown, and East Sacramento, you can find us at 505 30th Street. See you soon!