Your car’s A/C has one job: to keep you cool and comfortable. However, in the middle of summer is Sacramento, this is quite the task. You can help your vehicle’s air conditioning system out by following these quick tips. You will reap the benefits, as you relax in your perfectly temperate vehicle. Here is how to keep your car’s A/C easy and breezy:
- Your A/C can only reduce the temperature in your car by 40 degrees on average. If you park in the shade, the interior temperature of your vehicle will start out much cooler.
- Set your A/C to recirculation. On recirculation, your A/C is pulling air from inside your cabin, instead of outside, where the temperatures are probably boiling.
- Change your air filters as needed. Your cabin air filters removes the dirt and dust from any air that comes out of your vents. When a filter is old, the dirt has accumulated, and it will be harder for that cool air to pass through.
- Don’t ignore leaks! Leaks spell trouble. Don’t wait until it’s too late, and you are sitting in a sweltering car with a broken A/C.
- An inspection performed by the team at the Auto Experts always helps, as we can make sure your A/C system will continue to keep you feeling refreshed and ready to go.
There is nothing like driving in a hot car. With these tips and tricks, we hope your A/C can continue to work overtime and keep you and your passengers feeling cool as a cucumber. Schedule an appointment with The Auto Experts today to help keep you cool. Proudly serving downtown Sacramento, Midtown, and East Sacramento, you can find us at 505 30th Street. See you soon!